RELAX AND ENJOY THE ENTERTAINING TOPICS
* Innovative Home Cooking RECIPES
* The four famous CHINESE BEAUTIES
* Chinese culture reading - Chinese LEGENDS
* Wu Zi-Tien a most aggressive and powerful
woman who became the only FEMALE EMPEROR
* Xiao Zhuang, a REMARKABLE WOMAN in the Qing
* Unheard of Chinese Threatening MYTHS
* Zhao Ji, a LUSTFUL WOMAN, who was the mother of
a great Emperor, Qin Shi Huang
* A long lost famous classical story "THUNDERSTORM"
* An entertaining movie clipping of PANDA IN MOTION
* Melodious CHINESE MUSIC
* FAIRYLANDS in China. Spectacular scenic pictures
* Chinese OPERA sung in English.
* The MOST POWERFUL SISTERS of China
* A beautiful well-known classic poem related to one of the
four beauties of China, YANG YU-HUAN
* A brief on the opening up of CHINA to the West
* A personal feeling and life experience of a girl from Hong Kong who
lives in a multi-cultural environment,
A HONGKONG GIRL'S BLOG
* Beautiful and touching LOVE POEMS of China
* Poems by a modern MOST ROMANTIC POET,
* A capturing of the knowledge of Chinese food, CHINESE CULINARY
The information, or the materials submitted are the sole responsibility
of the person who submitted such information or materials.
The Registrant and/or the Administrator shall be held harmless from
any claim or demand, made by any third party due to or arising out of
the contents published in this website, or any consequences resulting
from the publication of such contents, including any reliance on
the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such contents.
History of China
A true story
三 日 入 厨 下, 洗 手 作 湯 羹 。
未 識 姑 食 性 , 先 遣 小 姑 嘗 。
In the kitchen, hardly a bride for three days,
Making a meal I washed my hands in haste.
A new family's usual cuisines, I had no hint,
My sister-in-law could tell me with a first taste
Translated by YK Kwan Copyright © 2006
|Chinese song 'Love Song of Kang Ding' sung by renowed artisits PLACIDO
DOMINGO, Tenor in Putonghua (Mandarin) and SONG ZUYING, Soprano,
performed in Olympic Bird Nest Stadium with LANG LANG at the piano.
|節 婦 吟 張 籍 (768-830)
君 知 妾 有 夫 ,
贈 妾 雙 明 珠 ;
感 君 纏 綿 意 ,
系 在 紅 羅 襦。
妾 家 高 樓 連 苑 起 ,
良 人 執 戟 明 光 裡。
知 君 用 心 如 日 月 ,
事 夫 誓 擬 同 生 死。
還 君 明 珠 雙 淚 垂 ,
恨 不 相 逢 未 嫁 時。
Chants Of A Faithful Wife Zhang Jie
You know I have a husband abiding,
Yet you sent me a pair of pearls shining.
Knowing your sentiments would ne’er rest,
I wore them hanging from my silk under-vest.
My home, in a high chamber overlooking palms,
My husband serving the king, bearing arms.
I know bright as the sun and moon, is your heart,
But I’ve sworn to serve my husband, never to part.
I return not only your pearls but with my tears too,
Only lament marrying before meeting you.